We love thinking about how to maximise - and minimise - for the best outcome for people and the planet. That is, why we leave the knowledge about growing mushrooms up to those people, who have done this already for a long time. And they are located near to Venlo, where the home base of Scelta Inside is. Short ways and a sustainable product - what could possibly make it even better?
Did you know, that a large part of each mushroom could be potentially thrown away? That's a terrible waste of mushroom stems. Instead, we welcome trucks filled with mushroom stems at our factory in Belfeld in Limburg. Here they extract incredibly intense flavourings from these mushrooms. This results in mushroom concentrate, 100% natural.
Yields are so high two flights are sufficient which leads to shorter cycles without the use of chemicals or pesticides.
High Quality Indoor-Composting
Production of our all-important compost is concentrated within a few high capacity, high quality and high yield producers - better growers = better compost = better crops = higher yields.
Our growers have generations of experience cultivating mushrooms and utilize specialist equipment so expensive labour costs are reduced. We are working with the freshest, tastiest mushrooms, grown with the utmost respect for our environment.
Food Safety / traceability
Our logistic lines are short, therefore we can guarantee 100% traceability and food safety all of which are certified to the highest levels of quality assurance.
Year-round production and supply
Quality control of all our mushrooms is carried out to International Food Standard (IFS) which ensures that our products meet the highest standards in the food industry.
At this facility we produce mushroom based flavouring products
We care about the earth and about the people that walk it. For the Scelta Umami factory, co-owned by Diana Food (a subsidiary of Symrise AG), we’ve set objectives in terms of our footprint.
We minimize our environmental footprint along the entire value chain:
- Climate protection: We reduce our greenhouse gas emissions annually by 4%.
- Process improvement: We reduce chemical oxygen demand in wastewater annually by 4%
- Resource efficiency: We reduce organic waste annually by 4%.
We thrive for an open and honest culture within our company. We would like to have an open dialogue with our employees, customers and partners. In order to do that we are affiliated to an independent platform ‘Speak-Up’, a platform in which you can anonymously leave feed-back about the company.
- The Speak-Up platform for Scelta Umami is reachable by webpage or phone
- Please be aware that you won’t talk to a real-life person on the phone, but you leave a message on a tape recorder that will be translated (where needed)
- Phone number to dial in is: +31 (0)800 022 29 31
- Website to use is: www.speakupfeedback.eu/web/vlanwclnxm/nl
- Access code for both ways of communication is 07191
- We take all concerns seriously and will take the appropriate action on each report. We will keep you informed on our progress whilst processing your concern.
- At anytime you can go back into the website, and track the progress of your case using your case number.
Note: This system is not intended for concerns about the performance of products and services.
TRANSFORMING TOMORROW'S TASTE